Here are some ways to reduce your taxes while providing love, support, and education to children and families that need it most through Boys Town.
- Retirement plan gift
- Life insurance policy gift
- Gifts of real estate
- Gifts of securities
- Savings bonds
Retirement plan gift: More and more supporters are selecting this kind of gift. That’s because when you designate Boys Town as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, you give a gift that reduces your taxes, costs you nothing now, and provides a second chance for children and families across America.
Benefits to you:
- Reduce or eliminate taxes on retirement assets.
- Remove highly taxable assets from your estate by direct beneficiary designation.
- Reduce or avoid probate fees.
- No cost to you now to give.
- Creates your legacy of compassion for at-risk children.
To name Boys Town as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, contact your bank or insurance company to see whether a change of beneficiary form must be completed.
Life insurance policy gift: Do you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose? If so, you can reduce your taxes and support at-risk children and families by creating a gift to Boys Town.
Benefits to you:
- Reduce your income taxes.
- Receive additional tax deductions by making annual gifts so Boys Town can pay the premiums if the policy is retained to maturity.
- See firsthand how your gift supports our work if Boys Town cashes in the policy.
- Create your legacy of compassion for at-risk children and families
If Boys Town retains the policy to maturity, or you name it as a beneficiary, once the policy matures, the proceeds of your policy will be paid to Boys Town.
Gifts of real estate: You can donate appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch, or commercial property. This is an easy and effective way to fund a gift to support the mission of Boys Town today and for generations to come. What’s more, you can leave this generous gift and continue to use the property throughout your lifetime. You can also receive a tax deduction for your gift.
Gifts of securities: Stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value are among the best ways to support Boys Town. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
Savings bonds: When you redeem savings bonds, you or the person you leave your bonds to will owe income tax on the appreciation. You can eliminate the income tax on bonds you own that have stopped earning interest and that you plan to redeem. Because Boys Town is tax exempt, 100 percent of your gift of savings bonds will support our mission of saving children and healing families.
Benefits to you:
- Reduce income tax.
- Reduce income tax and estate taxes for your loved ones.
- Create your legacy of compassion with Boys Town.
If you are considering a gift that reduces your taxes, we recommend consulting with your financial partner and with Boys Town to select the gift that’s right for you. Please contact Boys Town Directors of Gift and Estate Planning Jeremy Belsky or Craig McGarry at 888-332-3219 or email@example.com.